Saturday, March 2, 2013

Inspired Designer: Boo and Boo Factory

Neon Statement Necklace by Boo and Boo Factory

No matter what your style preferences, it’s hard to resist a bold splash of color, especially when it comes to accessories. Add some fun and funky shapes, and you’ve got something energizing, exciting, and totally memorable. At Boo + Boo Factory, leather jewelry artist Christina Anton combines color, shape, and texture for gorgeous and vibrant statement jewelry.

Inspirational Beading: When did you first get started with jewelry design?

Christina: I am formally trained in architecture but found myself drawn to smaller scale design. I love designing jewelry because it is one on one and I create the piece from beginning to end with a tangible object to hold in my hand. I love fashion, so it was only right for me to experiment with jewelry.

Inspirational Beading: Have you always been drawn to working with leather?

Christina: I had an old leather skirt and one day deconstructed it and began cutting it. I love the way leather holds it's shape and that it is malleable. From there, my jewelry designs progressed and now I have Boo and Boo Factory.

Inspirational Beading: Where do you look for inspiration?

Christina: I am really inspired by architecture, of course. But I love science and biology, which you can see in the patterns in my pieces. I look at a lot of art, fashion and design blogs. Everyday I try and find new works that inspire me to create.

Inspirational Beading: What’s the most interesting or unique thing about your design process?

Christina: I never sketch! I create everything on a whim. When I sit down to create something, I just start cutting, organizing colors and playing with various compositions until it feels right. I never know how a piece will turn out until it is finished.

Neon Bracelet by Boo and Boo Factory Statement Earrings by Boo and Boo Factory


Inspirational Beading: Do you have a favorite color to work with?

Christina: I really do not have a specific color that is my favorite. I have collected so many colors throughout the years that I cannot decide! I do love neon, in case you didn't notice from browsing my shop. I love to work with various shades and families of color. I love experimenting with color and coming up with new color combinations that I would not usually be drawn to but that I feel are fun because they are unexpected.

Inspirational Beading: What are some of your other favorite materials?

Christina: Leather, of course. I love finding new beads, bronze charms and different materials such as silicone tubing or rubber.

Leather Statement Necklace by Boo and Boo Factory


Inspirational Beading: What is the most exciting design in your shop right now? What makes it special?

Christina: Neon Statement Necklace Geometric Emerald Leather Color Block Triangles is my most exciting because it is a design I created when I finished graduate school. You can see the progression of the designs and how much more intricate they are becoming compared to when I first opened the shop.

Inspirational Beading: Who do you hope to inspire with your work?

Christina: I literally started Boo and Boo three years ago with some scraps of leather and 10 dollars. Today, it is my full time job and I pay rent, bills and have money left over. I hope to inspire someone to take a leap and follow their dreams. You do not have to work a corporate job for somebody else when you can be your own boss.

Neon Bib Necklace by Boo and Boo Factory


You can see more vivacious leather jewelry at Christina‘s Etsy shop, or check out the Boo + Boo Factory blog and Tumblr. For new design updates and more, follow along of Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2013 Inspirational Beading and Boo + Boo Factory
Images Hosted by Pinterest
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work by Christina . I loved the necklaces especially because they are from leather. What a wonderful idea of recycling leather and creating such beautiful work of wearable art !
    Thanks for sharing this lovely post

    my blog
    http://kalaabhushan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com